turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mario10fernandez
Returning Member

Foreign phone number

Good morning,

I'm writing you because I'm finding one issue while I'm doing my declaration. The problem that I'm finding is that my main residence is not american, so my phone number has a different format than the american phone number, I was searching for an answer in the community's discussion and I found that someone said that it would be fixed if I delete it, I did so and I couldn´t fix it. So what I should do?. Another point is that when I was there, I used an american phone number, but I'm not using it anymore. Should I put that number instead of the blank space?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Foreign phone number

Yes, put that number instead of a blank space.  Phone numbers are used for identity verification.  Make sure that your e-mail is correct.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Foreign phone number

Since not having a US phone number complicates my life a lot, I ended up getting a Skype-In phone number which I can access from anywhere I have a wifi connection. It costs about USD 18 for three months and you can put it on automatic renewal/payment.

The only thing it doesn't fix is that my US bank blocks sending me SMS authorization codes for any non-US phone or online credit card purchase. I solved that issue by getting a credit card with a bank that only notifies me when there's a "card not present" purchase (US or non-US).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies