turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Loving5

Direct deposit change for my stimulus

Hello, I switch banking accounts how do I change my account so that I can get my stimulus payment? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Direct deposit change for my stimulus

Hello,
As part of the Tax Filing process, TurboTax sends the appropriate banking information to the

IRS to deliver stimulus payments directly to customer bank accounts. The IRS will issue

payments using the most recent information they have on file, likely from your 2019 tax

return - either by direct deposit or by check.

If the IRS does not have the most recent Direct Deposit information on file for you, they will mail a check

using the most recent address on your 2019 tax return (or 2018 if you did not file last year).

If you received your refund on a Turbo Card, this stimulus payment may also go to the same

account.

If you did not receive a stimulus, you will need to contact the IRS for next steps. Please know

that the IRS will make updates to the Get My Payment portal to provide updated information for taxpayers, you will be able to see updates about your payment here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

For more information, please visit this IRS news release: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-on-their- way-visit-irsgov-instead-of-calling
-Katie

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies