Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dcaranci

TurboTax says the Form 1040 (long) is required. I'm active military with just a W-2 and 1099-INT. I was deployed during this tax season. Why?

I don't see why the long form is required. I didn't add any other deductions besides what's on the W-2. I have two lines in block 12. AA for ROTH 401k and Q for combat non-taxable income. The 1099-INT has a couple bucks (<$20) from savings/checkings. Why would I need to use the long form and not standard?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dcaranci

TurboTax says the Form 1040 (long) is required. I'm active military with just a W-2 and 1099-INT. I was deployed during this tax season. Why?

I kept going through the return process and TurboTax said I had an ABP Interest Adjustment (Schedule B). But I know I don't. The issue was I used it's "import" tool for 1099-INT to pull from the bank, which I guess it added a "Zero" value in some lines and the system counted it as having a value. The solution was to delete the 1099-INT and manually input bank and interest amount and it went through just fine with filing on 1040EZ form.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dcaranci

I kept going through the return process and TurboTax said I had an ABP Interest Adjustment (Schedule B). But I know I don't. The issue was I used it's "import" tool for 1099-INT to pull from the bank, which I guess it added a "Zero" value in some lines and the system counted it as having a value. The solution was to delete the 1099-INT and manually input bank and interest amount and it went through just fine with filing on 1040EZ form.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies