oregon tax retirement income credit - household in...

oregon tax retirement income credit - household income does my military retirement income get intered on the veterans and military benifits line

Yes for the Retirement Income Credit you must include all income sources, taxable or not.

Household income generally includes all income (both taxable and nontaxable) each spouse received during the year. Household income includes gross income reduced by adjustments as reported in your federal AGI thus that income should be included in the "Veterans and Military Benefits" section.

I did enter the amount of my Military retirement sum, but "Based on the information provided, you are not eligible for the Retirement Income Credit."  What are the criteria that disallowed this?

Household income generally includes most types of income, both taxable and nontaxable, that each spouse receives during the year. This includes such things as veteran’s benefits and disability pay, but it doesn’t include Social Security or Tier 1 Railroad Retirement Board benefits.

@klongie

I have the same question.  What is the reason for disallowing Veterans retirement credit?

Here are the requirements to qualify for the Oregon income Retirement Credit of which Veterans and Military Benefits are a part of. 

• You were age 62 or older on December 31, 2019, and receiving retirement income, and
  • Your household income is less than $22,500 ($45,000 if Married Filing Jointly), and
  • Your Social Security benefits and/or tier 1 Railroad Retirement Board benefits are less than $7,500 ($15,000 if Married Filing Jointly), and
  • Your household income plus your Social Security and/or tier 1 Railroad Retirement Board benefits is less than $22,500 ($45,000 if Married Filing Jointly).

Greetings - I served active duty (AD) from 1/1971 to 2/92 (241 months). None of that AD was served in Oregon. I plan on moving to Oregon but concern w their taxes on such benefits. Does all, part or none of that federal benefit get taxed in Oregon? And Why please? Thank you.