turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TonyG58

Military Retirement Pay

It appears that the TurboTax software has the wrong Military Retirement Pay Income Tax Reduction for the State of Maryland and I cannot figure out how to correct this before I file.  The application talks abour a $5000 deduction or $10,000 if you are over 65 years old but the laws this year have increased that to $15,000 for members over the age of 55, and up to $30,600 for those over 65.  See https://veterans.maryland.gov/maryland-tax-benefits/ for details.  Can someone tell me how to get this fixed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

Military Retirement Pay

This thread was originally started on Apr 3, 2019. Being that it's been more than two months, yet with still no response and no request for follow up, I assume this issue was addressed already - most likely with a program correction/update. Therefore this response is for the sole purpose of removing this thread from the unanswered questions queue. So if this is still an issue for anyone you will need to start an entirely new thread on the subject. Adding to this thread in the "answered" questions queue will not be seen by anyone that may be able to help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies