Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dman07869

Military retiree pay not taxable in ohio

where do i report my military retirement pay when doing my federal return so it is not taxed on my ohio state return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Enter your 1099-R, in the federal section, normally. When you get the the Ohio program, you will be given a chance to re-enter your retirement pay as a deduction. That is, your federal AGI, including military retirement, is transferred to the state return (line 1 of form IT 1040), You then take a deduction on line 26 of schedule A, which transfers to line 2b of IT 1040.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Enter your 1099-R, in the federal section, normally. When you get the the Ohio program, you will be given a chance to re-enter your retirement pay as a deduction. That is, your federal AGI, including military retirement, is transferred to the state return (line 1 of form IT 1040), You then take a deduction on line 26 of schedule A, which transfers to line 2b of IT 1040.

dman07869

In the past the state program you have would not let me enter this  it did the state simultaneously as i did my federal and did not give me this deduction on line 26
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies