scroggins-jacob

Military oklahoma tax return

I am currently stationed in fort carson Colorado, but my residency is in oklahoma. Turbo tax says I owe 640, but when I looked up the tax laws for military members from oklahoma it says that they owe no income tax. why is it saying i owe money then, and if this is wrong how do i correct it filing it online like this
ToddL

Military oklahoma tax return

Getting proper tax treatment as an active-duty soldier stationed outside their state of residence (HOR) requires specific answers to you Personal Interview questions

When you complete the Personal Interview:

1. Select Oklahoma as your state of residence;
  2. Answer "No" when asked if you "Lived in another state in 2016?".  That question only applies if you changed your state of residence in 2016.  Active-duty military (and spouses) are considered to live in their state HOR no matter where they are stationed. Their active-duty pay is considered to be earned in their state HOR. 
  3. When asked if you "Earned money in another state?", answer "No" (unless you had non-military income in the state where you are stationed).