Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

military - civil service retirement

My military time rolled into my navy civil service retirement.  Can I claim it all as military retirement in my Indiana state taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ZhuoliA
Expert Alumni

No, you can not claim it as a military retirement income deduction for your Indiana state taxes unless you receive a military retirement pay statement from DFAS (Form 1099-R). Please see instructions IT-40, page 20, for more details. 

However, you may receive additional deductions related to civil service annuity adjustment if you were at least 62 years of age by the end of the tax year and/or a surviving spouse of a civil service annuitant. Please see this bulletin for more details.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ZhuoliA
Expert Alumni

No, you can not claim it as a military retirement income deduction for your Indiana state taxes unless you receive a military retirement pay statement from DFAS (Form 1099-R). Please see instructions IT-40, page 20, for more details. 

However, you may receive additional deductions related to civil service annuity adjustment if you were at least 62 years of age by the end of the tax year and/or a surviving spouse of a civil service annuitant. Please see this bulletin for more details.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies