As a national guard soldier performing active duty in a different state, how do i deduct that income on state taxes

First, it's important to indicate in the "My Info" tab that you indicate your military status.

• I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)
  • Click the image attached to enlarge and view for assistance.

Once this is confirmed your state returns should allow you to enter any active duty pay when services were performed outside the state, if this is applicable in your state.