turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

As a national guard soldier performing active duty in a different state, how do i deduct that income on state taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

As a national guard soldier performing active duty in a different state, how do i deduct that income on state taxes

First, it's important to indicate in the "My Info" tab that you indicate your military status.

• I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)
  • Click the image attached to enlarge and view for assistance.

Once this is confirmed your state returns should allow you to enter any active duty pay when services were performed outside the state, if this is applicable in your state.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

First, it's important to indicate in the "My Info" tab that you indicate your military status.

• I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)
  • Click the image attached to enlarge and view for assistance.

Once this is confirmed your state returns should allow you to enter any active duty pay when services were performed outside the state, if this is applicable in your state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies