turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How or what can I do to lower my debts?

Having a lot of debts is so stressful especially when you a single mother, while living with my child's dad he got a stupid vacuum, honestly I didn't paid attention because I was busy with my son  so he got a $3000 vacuum with my signature on it  and within a week he took the vacuum  and give it to his girlfriend while he was leaving with me. Ok now moving forward to this year 2021. While I was at work my mom told me a sheriff came to look for me  and gave her some paperwork saying that I had court last year, I never received anything letter according to this  and now the vacuum it's more then $5000.

when I was living with my child's dad he got me a lot of debts  what can I do in this case?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How or what can I do to lower my debts?

If you signed for the vacuum, it's your vacuum, sweetie. You're responsible, and if it means you're done with that louse of a husband, you're getting off cheap.

Little kids, eh? Ever think of having their friends stay with you as an informal day-care center? It won't bring in much, but there are many at-home employments available if you cannot get out.

Don't blame it all on him. Don't blame it all on yourself, either. Neither process reduces your vacuum debt by a penny. Work on solutions, and let his girlfriend keep the vacuum and the person who brought it over.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies