diannereece

Where would I put the expenses for a vacant & for sale rental property that had not been rented all year?

It no longer comes up as a rental because it was not rented the year before either.

Coleen3

If the property was not rented in 2018, enter it in Sales of Business Property.

To this rental sale under the sale of a business property in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Business" tab ("Federal Taxes" tab in Premier)
  2. Next click on “Business Income and Expense" ("Wages and Income" tab in Premier)
  3. Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on” (Jump to full list)
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Less Common Business Situations” ("Business Items" in Premier)
  5. Choose “Sale of Business Property” and select “start’
  6. Select "Sale of business or rental property that you haven't already reported"
  7. Sale of Business or Rental Property - yes
  8. Enter all the information about your Rental Property Sale here