June 4, 2019 9:40 PM
If the property was not rented in 2018, enter it in Sales of Business Property.
To this rental sale under the sale of a business property in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:
- Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Business" tab ("Federal Taxes" tab in Premier)
- Next click on “Business Income and Expense" ("Wages and Income" tab in Premier)
- Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on” (Jump to full list)
- Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Less Common Business Situations” ("Business Items" in Premier)
- Choose “Sale of Business Property” and select “start’
- Select "Sale of business or rental property that you haven't already reported"
- Sale of Business or Rental Property - yes
- Enter all the information about your Rental Property Sale here