Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sandygirl7
Returning Member

Where to enter purchase of real estate owned by LLC?

1. We refinanced our rental and transferred ownership to an LLC where do I enter the property on the  1065 return? 

2. The income and depreciation are being accounted for on this return as well, so it still considered a holding company for NC state tax purposes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
M-MTax
Level 10

Form 8825 is the form you'd enter rental RE income and expenses for a partnership - LLC. TT Business has some sort of a rental area where you'd enter the RE itself to depreciate it. Don't forget that the LLC takes the holding period and basis of the members. 

Check with the NC DOR BUT holding companies are usually corporations.

Carl
Level 15

I do believe your multi-member LLC is a pass through entity, not a holding company. I may be wrong, but I think a holding company would be an S-Corp or C-Corp.

In TT Business when you first start the program, you have to indicate that the LLC has/does/deals in real estate. Then once you enter all the data, then 8825 will be generated with the property on it. Once the K-1s are issued to each member, when entered on the personal tax return the K-1 data shows up on page 2 of the SCH E that is a part of the 1040 personal tax return.

M-MTax
Level 10

The NC DOR has a definition and that's what @sandygirl7 needs to go by:

https://www.ncdor.gov/media/8982/download

Like multi-member LLCs, S corps are also pass through entities. Neither prevents one or the other from being a "holding company" which is an entity that holds assets.....hard assets or intangibles like securities. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies