turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

where do I enter in the value of my house

When I started turbotax 2023 it asked me at some point what was paid for my home and I skipped it since I wasn't ready with that information at the time but now I can't find where to enter it in. I'm not sure where it even asked me. I thought it was when I was in the schedule C part, the part for my home business but I have gone through it start to beginning and I can't find any point where it asks me what I paid for my house! I go to the "deductions" tab and it asks me what I paid in property taxes, and I enter that in, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to enter in the cost basis of the house I'm now owner of. But maybe this isn't important information unless I sell it? It seems like it shouldn't, but I'm sure at some point it asked me what the value of the home was. Was that some sort of fever dream? Was it some sort of misunderstanding I had, like it was actually asking me something similar and I thought it wanted me to enter in the purchase price of my house which I am living in? I don't want to file my taxes without entering in some needed information I somehow skipped past...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

where do I enter in the value of my house

Sounds like you may have been in the home office section of your expenses under your Schedule C business. 

If you are using TurboTax online version, you can type 'home office expenses' in the search box and then select the 'Jump to home office expenses' link to navigate back to the section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies