Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter appliances purchased for rental in step by step process?

I am using TT desktop and reentering data done by outside accountant for return year 2015.  When using step by step where do I input appliances purchased for a home I converted to a rental in 2015?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MichaelMc

Where do I enter appliances purchased for rental in step by step process?

If you are just starting to enter your rental information, TurboTax will take you through many preliminary screens and questions to record the details regarding your rental. 

You will finally come to a screen that is titled “Review Your __Rental Summary.” From this screen, you can choose the section to visit next. Your choices are Rental Income, Expenses, Assets/Depreciation, and Vehicle Expenses.To be certain that you do not miss anything, I would recommend that you complete each section in the order they are listed.

To enter the property depreciation from your rental home please follow the steps below: 

• Click Start/Update next to Assets/Depreciation;

• There may be some preliminary questions to answer;

• When you reach the Your Property Assets screen, click the blue Add an Asset button;

• Choose the first item on the list, Rental Real Estate Property and click Continue;

• Answer the additional questions about your property and proceed to enter the data that is requested, including the cost;

Once the asset has been entered, you can always choose to Edit the details from the Your Property Assets screen, or even Delete the asset and enter it again.

Repeat this process for each depreciable asset.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies