Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

oldgrump47
Returning Member

Where and how do I show the sale of property in Indiana in 2018? property not rental or investment, I refer to it as general use!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where and how do I show the sale of property in Indiana in 2018? property not rental or investment, I refer to it as general use!

To enter your Investments sold --It would go here even if you do not consider it as investment.

Click on Federal Taxes
Click on Wages and Income
Click on I'll choose what I work on
Scroll down to Investments
On Stocks, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Can you tell me more about "general use?"  2nd home?  
oldgrump47
Returning Member

general use. old barn/house used for equipment/private item storage

To enter your Investments sold --It would go here even if you do not consider it as investment.

Click on Federal Taxes
Click on Wages and Income
Click on I'll choose what I work on
Scroll down to Investments
On Stocks, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

oldgrump47
Returning Member

your answer did the federal side. what do I do for the state of indiana

Are you a resident of IN?

Did you make money on the sale?
oldgrump47
Returning Member

no, florida resident, lost over 40 k

For IN you do a non-resident return with -$40K income on sale and $0 tax due (unless you have other income in IN).  No FL income would be taxed by IN
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies