• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipc1
Level 1

Used rental property for personal use for several months between tenants, do I adjust the depreciation to account for this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR

Used rental property for personal use for several months between tenants, do I adjust the depreciation to account for this?

The depreciation will be adjusted by the business use percentage computed when you enter the number of rental days and personal use days of the property. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JulieR

The depreciation will be adjusted by the business use percentage computed when you enter the number of rental days and personal use days of the property. 
ipc1
Level 1

TurboTaxJulieR,

The number of personal use days was 85, so is the business percentage calculated using (365-85)/365 which is entered as 76.71%?
ipc1
Level 1

TurboTaxJulieR,
Is my previous comment an acceptable method for calculating the Business %?
JulieR

Yes.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v