Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT and multiple units not all rented all year

With TT 2023 the program asks if the rental property has been rented all year.  Parts of mine were not rented all year, but the next screen only offers the number of days it wasn't rented as though it were one single unit.  How do I differentiate this?  I have TT marked with a multiple-unit property.  ONe unit was rented all year, one other was not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Enter the days rented for the one that was rented. It isn't easy to accomplish otherwise when selecting multi as a property type. In the future should you acquire another multi property, its much simpler to enter as separate units. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

If you have occupancy of units that overlap, then the property was rented the entire year. The fact that one more more units may have been empty for a period of time doesn't matter. It makes no difference on your tax liability. The only thing that does make a difference, is if you lived in any one of the units as your primary residence, 2nd home, vacation home or any other personal use, for one or more days during the year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies