Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Laceylyn77
Returning Member

Tradestation Help-consolidated 1099

Hey! I’m trying to enter in my Tradestation statement. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1-imported it-TT created 5 lines for A &B total. But the CS rep for TT said to delete that and just do the totals for those two lines. C-F were empty in my statement. So now I only have two lines. 
2-I started Contacts and Straddles for my section 1256. I have numbers in lines 8-11. I’ve only entered in like 11. Is that correct? I’ve also attached my statement. 

I had a CPA help me last year and it seems like she entered more info but we were also only in the market for a few weeks vs the whole year. 

Also if understand I don’t do a Scehdule D? I’m guessing TT does that on the back end? 

also just to confirm, I’ve only entered info from page one of my statement. I don’t do anything with the other 47 pages right? 

*I’m using the online version. 

TIA

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Laceylyn77
Returning Member

Curious if anyone has any help?

the Detail Reporting Exception rule (explained in IRS instructions) is :

a) covered transactions without adjustments do not require Form 8949.
b) covered transactions with adjustments (i.e. wash sales) must be detailed on some 8949 or your other forms in the manner of 8949.
--
If  you aggregate a) no mailing is necessary. the totals appear on Schedule D line 1a or 8a.
If you aggregate b) or aggregate other Box categories (BC,  EF) either attach details to mailed return or mail in the details after e-File.   The  b) totals appear on Schedule D line 1b or 8b.

Box A and Box D are your covered transactions.

a) is the only Exception to the IRS requirement to list in detail every closing transaction you make during the year.

@Laceylyn77 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies