vitowest

The depreciation schedule for a rental property is 27.5 years. How many years is it for a Motorhome / Recreation Vehicle that I rent out?

MichaelL1

The IRS allows you to depreciate an RV over five years. You can also use the section 179 deduction.

For more information about depreciating your RV, click the link below:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p946/ix01.html

In order to set up as a business asset, while logged in and working on your return:

• Click on My Account
  • Click on Tools
  • Click on Topic Search
  • Type "Business Asset" in the search window and Click on Go
  • Click "Edit" next to your business
  • Scroll Down to Business Assets and Click on Start/Edit
  • Continue with the interview to add an asset

vitowest

That is exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you for the quick response!
H2FCA

I have a new RV that I have been renting out on RVShare. I  selected the Section 179 depreciation method and selected 7 years but turbotax also put a 7 year depreciation in the MACRS section. Is that possible or do I need to go delete one?