Solved: Stock options from an imported 1099B

Stock options from an imported 1099B

I imported my 1099B from Fidelity. Most of the transactions involve Nonqualified Stock Options, RSUs, and shares from an ESOP. I'm pretty sure that if I entered the sales manually, there would be a place where I could indicate that they're not sales of regular shares. However, I don't see where to do that after the import. What am I missing?

Stock options from an imported 1099B

If you have sales transactions involving Non Qual Options, RSUs, and an ESOP, you should enter the transactions manually so that you can go through the employee stock adjustment section.

Stock options from an imported 1099B

Stock options from an imported 1099B

I think you're right, but after all these years, you'd think they could make that question part of the import process and then let users edit the info.

Stock options from an imported 1099B

I agree.  Feel free to post another question or add on to this one if you have any trouble entering your transactions.

Stock options from an imported 1099B

I tried several times but I can't import any E*Trade and Fidelity tax information for this year. There must be Turbotax issue.  Turbotax says there isn't any tax-related info to import rightnow.

I logged into both E*Trade and Fidelity, my tax info are there.

Please help.

Dustin

Stock options from an imported 1099B

@dustinh If you have sales of Stock Options reported on a 1099-B, it is better to enter them manually so you can Adjust the Cost Basis for the amount reported on your W-2.

Click this link for more info and a link to a detailed article on Reporting Stock Options.