Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule K-1 when Box 20 Code Z has no value but there is Section 199A to report

There's another thread marked "solved", but I didn't find a solution that works for me.    I'm starting a new thread, in case my comment on the old thread is missed.

My K-1 just shows "STMT" in the Box 20 Code Z line.  The statement included with my K1 lists a UBIA value. 

If I leave Code Z off of my Box 20 entry, I'm later asked if I missed Code Z, and to answer yes even if my K-1 doesn't have Code Z in Box 20:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 194236.jpg

When I get to the end of the Federal section, and the software checks for errors, it comes up with one error, this:
Screenshot 2024-04-03 193207.jpg

I've put 0 on the entry form for Code Z, and tried random numbers as well.  Nothing seems to make this form happy.  I've tried deleting the K-1 for that LLC and reentering everything, but still can't get past this error.

Other conditions that may or may not affect performance are:
This is for an LLC K-1
Income is all real estate rental
Tenant is a business that I own and participate in
Special handling is required
I'm using the Windows version of Turbotax Deluxe 2023

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Schedule K-1 when Box 20 Code Z has no value but there is Section 199A to report

1 Reply

Problem solved.  Solution in the other thread with a similar title.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/schedule-k-1-when-box... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies