Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BrimstoneFox
Returning Member

Same issue

Possibly the worst part is the instructions on the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8949#en_US_2022_publink[phone number removed]

Spoiler
You received a Form 1099-B or 1099-S (or substitute statement) as a nominee for the actual owner of the propertyNReport the transaction on Form 8949 as you would if you were the actual owner, but also enter any resulting gain as a negative adjustment (in parentheses) in column (g) or any resulting loss as a positive adjustment in column (g). As a result of this adjustment, the amount in column (h) should be zero. However, if you received capital gain distributions as a nominee, report them instead, as described under Capital Gain Distributions in the Instructions for Schedule D (Form 1040).

I did that for my first transaction of course following it you negate the profit, and it does not quite make sense, whether, pretty sure I did not meet the first condition, I found some other documentation that I'm pretty sure was written backwards too (which number you subtract from which, it made no sense) I think it was related to RSU cost basis on the IRS website but I don't remember.

My plan is to just try again in a few days.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BrimstoneFox
Returning Member

Same issue

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies