Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sc01
Level 2

Reverse split results in only fractional share, received cash in lieu for it. How to report?

My wife purchased a stock years ago, multiple purchases totaling well over 1000 shares. Two reverse splits over the years reduced her shares to 4. A third reverse split in 2023 left her with a fractional share, for which she received cash in lieu of. She now has zero shares. It was not reported on 1099B, only in investment activity summary. How does it get reported? Assuming it would go on 8949, box F, with cash in lieu as proceeds and original purchase price minus any cash received in lieu at previous reverse splits as the basis? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Reverse split results in only fractional share, received cash in lieu for it. How to report?

yes report on schedule D/8949 code F  - CIL and tax basis. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

yes report on schedule D/8949 code F  - CIL and tax basis. 

sc01
Level 2

Hi, sorry for taking so long to acknowledge your response, unable to work on taxes the last couple of days. Thank you for responding so quickly. That was what I thought I had to do, haven't dealt with CIL for a few years, just wanted to double check. Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies