turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule K-1/K-3 partnership foreign income TurboTax error

On my Schedule K-3, page 4, Part II, line 24 Total gross income, Column "(f) Sourced by partner" is empty (zero). This causes a TurboTax error because there are interest and other expenses allocated at the partner level. Lines 42, 49, and 54 Column (f) have positive values and line 55 shows a (loss).

Sample error message:

Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (Beldore Capital Fund, LLC) -- Sch K-1 Partnership Additional Info 1: Foreign interest expense allocated at partner level is listed but no foreign source income at individual level has been listed on
the K-1 Additional Information worksheet line 1.

I've checked with the issuer of this K-1/K-3 and they say that the Line 24(f) zero value is correct.

Any ideas how to fix this or get around it?

Thanks...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Schedule K-1/K-3 partnership foreign income TurboTax error

I seem to have worked around the problem. I entered a value for Gross income sourced at individual level, the matched the sum of the deductions in that column F, then ran the Smart Check which passed. Then I correctly set that value back to zero, ran the Smart Check again, and it still passed. Seems like a bug in the K-3 processing, which isn't that surprising since it's brand new and just came out in a TurboTax release a few weeks ago.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies