Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LeadRealty0308
Returning Member

Rental income QBI Enterprise #1

I am a real estate professional with a rental building I own called "Building XYZ".   For rental and royalty, I marked that I spend 750 hours and 50% work related in real estate. 

The system asks me if I am "eligible for QBI safe harbor.  I marked, Yes, just for "Building XYZ" only.  I mark the description as investment property - Residential type.  I mark the business name "My actual name". 

When I go to pdf version of the return, the system has marked form 8995 Qualified Business as "Enterprise #1" rather than "My actual name".  This is not owned by an enterprise, just a single member sole prop (myself).  I realize I can go into the forms section and change the name from the form called "QBI component" from "Enterprise #1" to "My actual name" which will then automatically update Form 8995 as well; however the system still generates a "Section 199A" Real Estate Enterprise statement called "Enterprise #1.

Is it correct to leave it like this even though the rental building is not an enterprise and should be reported under "My actual name"?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Rental income QBI Enterprise #1

Yes, file with no worries. Did you enter enterprise 1 as the description or name of your building somewhere? It is all on your tax return so it washes out.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies