Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ok4mee
Returning Member

I sold an asset that was residence then rental.The business use percentage varied during the years I owned it, so Special Handling Required- where do I enter sale price?

I see a field for the sale price if I say No to 'Special Handling Required', but when I say Yes (because first it was my primary residence then afterward it was a rental), I don't see any field to enter the sale price.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I sold an asset that was residence then rental.The business use percentage varied during the years I owned it, so Special Handling Required- where do I enter sale price?

Converting a property to business use is not a requirement for special handling. The question about the percentage changing refers to vacation homes, where some years you may have rented more often than others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Converting a property to business use is not a requirement for special handling. The question about the percentage changing refers to vacation homes, where some years you may have rented more often than others.

ok4mee
Returning Member

Thanks so much for your answer! So just to make totally sure: I lived there for 5 years, then rented it for a few years, and last year I sold it, but that doesn't count as "The business use percentage of this asset varied during the years you owned the asset", and I don't need special handling?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Correct. Just enter all the information for the sale.

ok4mee
Returning Member

okay thanks for your help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies