Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had to close my business (selling luggage) due to no sales. COVID-19 and no one was traveling. Can I claim of loss of my business investments?

I started business 5/6/2018 before we heard of the pandemic.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I had to close my business (selling luggage) due to no sales. COVID-19 and no one was traveling. Can I claim of loss of my business investments?

You need to clarify what you mean by "loss of your my business investments".  What did you lose?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Here are the steps to close your business, click here. You need to dispose of assets and more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

The only "investment" I see in a business that sells luggage, is whatever was paid for inventory to be sold. But maybe you also had a storefront that you rented? Without more details on precisely what you are calling an investment loss, it's rather difficult to provide you with any useful feedback.

Carl
Level 15

The only "investment" I see in a business that sells luggage, is whatever was paid for inventory to be sold. But maybe you also had a storefront that you rented? Without more details on precisely what you are calling an investment loss, it's rather difficult to provide you with any useful feedback.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies