Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

conks
Returning Member

Form 8453

I did NOT use summary method for reporting transactions (downloaded 1099-B's and each transaction entered individually) so why am I getting a form 8453 with 8949 box checked when I print a pdf copy of return? Have desktop/downloaded version of Deluxe. For each 1099-B it asks: enter individually or summary method and in every case I have the former checked. How can I "undo" summary method that program seems to think I have elected and get all transactions reported on 8949?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Form 8453

When there are many transactions it's possible to be prompted to mail your statement or other detail of transactions to the IRS.  It's not clear why this may have happened in your experience.

You can still e-file your return and then mail the statement to the IRS within three days after your return is accepted (not before).

If you are e-filing your tax return, then mail your statements along with Form 8453 to: 

Internal Revenue Service

Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254 

Receipt and Control Branch 

Austin, TX 73344-0254

If you need a blank Form 8453, you can download this pdf, enter your address information and check the box for Form 8949 (this form is really just a cover sheet).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
conks1

Form 8453

Is there any way to get sch D line 1a transactions into line 1b? (Ditto for 8a to 8b) so that all transactions are on 8949 and 8453 is not needed?? All transactions were downloaded, there are NO entries in the Exceptions Transactions area on the 1099-B worksheets, the summary method was not used and each transaction appears in the 1099-B quick entry table yet I have summary figures in both 1a and 8a on the sch D. Very annoying.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies