turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

barry4040

Property bought 10 years ago-rented for 9 years-GOT income 9 years - sold 2018-paid expenses last year-where in turbotax-1099S -The rental property is NOT MY MAIN HOME -

LAST YEAR I PAID ALL EXPENSES BUT GOT NO INCOME - I DID FOR FIRST 9 YEARS SHOW ALL INCOME AND EXPENSES AND TOOK DEPRECIATION . NEED TO SHOW PURCHASED PRICE -SELLING PRICE AND ETC

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Property bought 10 years ago-rented for 9 years-GOT income 9 years - sold 2018-paid expenses last year-where in turbotax-1099S -The rental property is NOT MY MAIN HOME -

Since the property was not rented in 2018, you can't add it in the rental section. You will need to have it entered on Form 4797 by following the steps below.

To add Form 4797 to your return:

1. Select Take to my tax return, search for 4797, sale of business property (use this exact phrase) and then choose the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. On the Any Other Property Sales? screen, select the first checkbox and click Continue.
  3. Follow the instructions to complete the form.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Since the property was not rented in 2018, you can't add it in the rental section. You will need to have it entered on Form 4797 by following the steps below.

To add Form 4797 to your return:

1. Select Take to my tax return, search for 4797, sale of business property (use this exact phrase) and then choose the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. On the Any Other Property Sales? screen, select the first checkbox and click Continue.
  3. Follow the instructions to complete the form.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies