turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mm841

Prior years' depreciation missing this year

I have used TurboTax for several years, and normally it remembers my rental property's prior depreciation and calculates it for the current year. But this year, it's missing. It does remember the new roof I'm depreciating, but not the original structure. How can I restore that info? Ideally automatically, but if not, I could use step by step instructions. Thanks!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@mm841 wrote:

I have used TurboTax for several years, and normally it remembers my rental property's prior depreciation and calculates it for the current year. But this year, it's missing.

It is a known issue and is being addressed. Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

@mm841 wrote:

I have used TurboTax for several years, and normally it remembers my rental property's prior depreciation and calculates it for the current year. But this year, it's missing.

It is a known issue and is being addressed. Thank you.

I also have just encountered this problem.  Anyone know WHEN this known issue will be addressed?

Thanks!

Carl
Level 15

The fact you're using the SElf-EMployed version indicates that most likely, the rental property is the first thing you are working on. So be aware of the following.

The only possible way to import from the prior year's tax return, is to clear your current return and start over from scratch. There is no other way besides printing out the 2019 tax return and entering the missing information manually, one keystroke at a time.

I am informing you of this, so that if you don't want to enter the missing data one keystroke at a time, you don't waste your time continuing your tax return past the SCH E section of the program, in the mistaken belief that you will be saving time. YOu flat out can not, no way, no how, import the prior year data without clearing the return and starting over from scratch.

Take note also that with the online versions of the program, once you pay your online fees the option to clear the return is *NOT* an available option. It is also my understanding (though I'm not clear on this) that even if TurboTax refunds your payment, you *STILL* can not clear your return and start over.

Abbee0115

I was unnamable to import 2019 Turbo Tax due to new computer.  I have all the info in paper records.  How so I enteric?

Carl
Level 15

One keystroke at a time. If you can't import the data, there is no other way possible.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies