Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please, please, please - I need Employee Expert assistance on Form 4797

Posted a question a few days ago and was told to contact TT support.  I then posed a question back to ensure I was calculating the numbers correctly; however, I never got a response.  I did contact TT but the person was only able to suggest I delete the form and re-enter the information.  I did so, but there are still issues with the form.   I've been struggling for a few weeks with the sale of two business vehicles used partially in two businesses.   The original Employee Expert was extremely helpful, but further answers from others were either unhelpful in resolving my questions or did not apply to my situation.

How do I find an employee expert to assist me with this specific situation?  Is there a specific number to call?  When I contacted TT, there was no option to ask to speak with someone qualified to assist me with Form 4797. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

@AmeliesUncle provided a response to the issue you posted in a previous thread (link below).

Solved: Re: Sale of vehicles used in rental properties (intuit.com)

If you really need expert assistance with this matter, your options are to go with TurboTax Live or Full Service.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/lp/ppc/1271?srqs=null&cid=ppc_gg_b_stan_all_na_turbotax-live_ty21-bu2-sb...

I went back to your original response and followed your directions.  I deleted all prior vehicle info - re-entered for one vehicle under one property and indicated it was converted to personal use.  I then went to Sale of Business and checked the Recapture box.  The next screen asked if business use fell below 50% for the first time in 2021.  It did not, so I checked no.  The interview then ended and did not generate Form 4797. 

In my three posts asking for help - none have helped me resolve my issue.  I have already purchased Fed and States and do not see the need to pay for Live/Full Service.  I've been using TT since the mid 90's.  In prior years, I have always been able to get the help I needed.  I found an extremely long thread from Feb 2021, where you and @AmyC  helped someone in great detail regarding a similar issue. 

I am baffled that I am unable to get the assistance I need.  I apologize for starting multiple posts but after no response when I pose a question in reply, days go by and I'm still struggling. 

If I should start a new thread setting out all the issues again, I'd be glad to do so.  Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciate. 

I will page those who responded in the other thread so you do not have to start a new one.

However, since you have been struggling with this matter after seemingly dozens of posts in response, you should consider TurboTax Live or Full Service.

@AmeliesUncle @DianeW @ZoltanB45 @AliciaP1 @PatriciaV 

@Benjamine wrote:

I then went to Sale of Business and checked the Recapture box. 

Don't check the recapture box. 

Check the first box - Sale of business or rental property that you haven't already reported.

Many of my initial questions were answered thoroughly by @PatriciaV  and @DianeW777.   I did have follow up questions and when it appeared I'd have a $4,000 loss (that seemed inherently wrong), I posed additional questions trying to determine where I might have erred. 

I find it frustrating when I receive an "answer" that isn't an answer to my question or I don't get an answer at all. I tried (with specificity) to explain the situation.  Apparently, that would account for the "seemingly dozens of posts" you refer to. Thanks for berating me for my ignorance. 

No one is "berating you"; everyone here is simply trying to assist you with a resolution.

My suggestion to use TurboTax Live or Full Service was only in the event it could not be resolved.

I thank all of the "tag team" trying to assist me.  TT got the better of me and it was wrong of me to express my frustration as I did.  I spoke with an accountant who was able to assist me with the best way to deal with my situation.  Again, my apologies to all who offered assistance.  Please share my thanks and apologies to the "tag team".  Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies