Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please for Final 1065 from members withdrawal, 1 member with the LLC which owns a rental property, which form instead of 4797 because no sale or exchange took place?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
M-MTax
Level 10

Please for Final 1065 from members withdrawal, 1 member with the LLC which owns a rental property, which form instead of 4797 because no sale or exchange took place?

What happened? More information is needed. Was this a single member LLC or multi member?

I'm guessing it's a multi member LLC but how many members are there now and what was distributed? 

Hello, yes the LLC is now since Dec 2023 a single member LLC, (sent form 8832) and on my taxes I did Schedule E for the rental income and expenses, but one accountant told me I needed to do the final 1065 since a "partnership" doesn't exist any more. Other accountant told me since the operation continues no final 1065 was needed...It is confusing...

But the rental property continues under the LLC.

Since it is a final 1065 the software generated a 4797 as "property sold or exchange, or conversion", but this did not happened.

On Schedule K, for me the single member it shows a loss on #10 "net section 1231", but I don't want that to be generated since no sale took place, and I don't need the losses and then a big gain when its sold in the future!

Distributions on #19 are according to the balance sheet.

Thanks for your help!

M-MTax
Level 10

See https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/partnership-llc-becomes-...

But the question remains as to what happened to the other member? A buyout of the interest by you?

They just voluntarily withdraw according to the operating agreement, they only had disallowed losses.

M-MTax
Level 10

The LLC owns rental property and the only other member withdrew? They may have only had passive losses but what happened to their capital contribution? What happened with their share?

Hi, thank you. There were 3 members and 2 of them contributed just $1000 many years that were lost with the losses.

I am the only member that remained and the only one with a positive tax basis, remained with 100% of the LLC as a single member LLC, that is why the cash remaining and property are distributed to me according to books.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies