Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ongoing issues with Schedule K-1 Box 13 AE entries during final review

I have had two different Turbo Tax live experts tell me two completely different things about how to handle the fact  that the amount entered in Schedule K-1 Box 13 AE triggers a series of corrections during the final review  (image below) that asks for the same amount to be entered as "Other Taxes"  (and does not allow you to choose any other line on that form) which it clearly is not in a K1 Other Info Form - and then a third source - a post here with a third Turbo Tax staffer - claims we should not enter it at all even through it's on the form. The third person quotes IRS (copied section below) which does not actually say it's not deductible but that it used to be deductible under Section 67 with a 2% AGI floor. So the three answers I have received are:
1. One live help person said enter the number in Other Taxes which has it show on an additional Other Info form as Other Taxes and for the full amount (no 2% adjustment) - she seemed to be guessing as she had me try five different things before settling on that but it changes my tax (increases the refund but not by 100% of the number put in)
2. Other live help person (first person I spoke to) said enter the number during the review but as a negative in Other Taxes - he seemed to be completely guessing and trying to sell me on paying Turbo Tax to do my taxes for me when it's their system that seems to have the glitch here and I am putting info that their system asks for with the codes they ask for in the places that align with my K-1s
3. Person on a post on the boards says don't enter it at all despite the system asking for it
(And FYI, people on another tax forum said to enter it on Box 13 line 8 of the Other Info form with a description but Turbo Tax gives me no access to that form on the online version.)

Can I get clarification on whether  I am supposed to not enter it at all (and if that is the case, why doesn't your system just disregard the input for individuals??)

Thanks for any help - I'd love to have confidence that I am being given one correct answer.

- D

Partner’s Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) (2023)

Code AE. Deductions—portfolio income.

Formerly deductible by individuals under section 67 subject to the 2% AGI floor. For taxpayers other than individuals, deduct amounts that are clearly and directly allocable to portfolio income (other than investment interest expense and section 212 expenses from a REMIC)."

Past answer related to #3 above:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/why-is-my-schedule-k-1-box-13-code-ae-sh...

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 3.06.24 PM.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies