Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yinzongnan
Returning Member

Notorious Bug for many Years and no body in Intuitive takes care it, or capable of solving it !!!

I chose turbotax (home and business) last year and this year also.  I have rental property income, it has only rental income, no royalty income.  I have 1099-MISC for this income report. In step-by-step mode, looks ok.  But issues showed up when run REVIEV: It shows check error issue: 

Schedule E Worksheet: Line 4-Royalty income--Income from rental real estate and income from royalties must be reported as separate properties on Schedule E. 

I did correction on Schedule E Worksheet, but the corrected number still show red color.    After correction on the Worksheet, review run show the issue again.  

This issue proven that Intuit can not handle reliable mirror between worksheets and input pages.

I have multiple properties in my filing, only one or two have this issue. Others went thru checking reviews without issues.   The big headache is turbotax refuse to efile, if issues are not clean.

Last year, I spent hours and hours with on-line helps from Intuit, no one can help solve the issue.  It has the same issues in both window and Mac,

I went thru community, a lot of people  talking and showing the same problems.  Last year (2022), I have to file income tax by mailing, get my refund after a few months.

This year I thought this issue must be solved, unfortunately it is still there.  It is there for many years!!! 

What a shame on Intuit engineers and their business managers !!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Notorious Bug for many Years and no body in Intuitive takes care it, or capable of solving it !!!

I don't know if this will satisfy you or help but there is no requirement or need to enter the rental income through the 1099-MISC. all that does is transfer the amount to schedule E. the 1099-MISC itself is not reported in an e-filing. When you get to the rental properties it will ask about rental income and that's where you would enter the amount from the 1099.  schedule E does not indicate whether or not the rent was reported on a 1099.

another thing to try is to delete the 1099s that were pro forma from last year. there could be corruption

if rents you enter on line 1 of the 1099-MISC end up on line 4 of schedule E for just some properties that may indicate corruption in the file.  it may be the 1099-MISC or an uncorrectable issue with the file. 

yinzongnan
Returning Member

I delete all rental property and input manually then the problems are gone. All those historical information is lost, have to start from scratch.

Also found is tax file generated with windows is corrupted when opened in MacBook.

Turbotax should have verification checking when save or load files to make sure file is not corrupted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies