turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vimal_mathimaran
Returning Member

Non Resident Rental losses OK

After I complete inputting my info on the Individual return how and where I do get enter my Non Resident Rental property losses for OK state? TT premier is only asking for rental income and doesn't seem to let me enter the losses any where. Please advise.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Non Resident Rental losses OK

When you enter the Oklahoma interview, you will state that this is a non-resident return (that is probably already set). Continue a short way through the interview, and you should quickly come to "Adjustments to Federal Income". At the bottom of this screen, click on Start for "Other additions".

Enter the loss as a negative number in the Oklahoma Amount box, and click on Misc additions as the type.

Note: 1. Look at your Oklahoma return to make sure that the loss reduced and not increased your income.

2. Since TurboTax doesn't know what type of income or loss this is, if Oklahoma places any limits on such a loss, TurboTax will not apply the limit - you will have to figure the limit (if any) yourself and apply it when you enter it.

NOTE: aren't you entering this loss on your federal return? In this case, the loss will carry automatically to the Oklahoma return. In that case, you may want to look at the other state and make sure that the loss has been adjusted out for the other state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies