manpower14

Need to know if I can claim the money I spent in replacing the roof and Air condition on the rental property I sold in 2018. Roof and AC was replace 2012.

I have previously claim the roof and Air condition in 2012. And according to IRS it would been depreciated over years. I should of clarified my question. Even Though I claimed these items in 2012 income taxes can I claim them again on 2018 as a improvements to the rental property as expenses?

buf65falo

You just add the amount of repairs on the form that speaks to rental properties.

ratings image
buf65falo