Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

National Music Business

I am starting a music lesson  nation wide company that will not only teach music, but lessons in various other genres, Languages, hobbies etc. I am charging a percentage of all the teachers who will be teaching for me nationwide and they will set their own fees. Should I start as an LLC? What type of software sould I use to calculate and payout monies? Would speaking to a tax account be wise? Best!! John

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

National Music Business

Speaking to an accountant is essential. You also have to consult a lawyer who specializes in business law.

National Music Business

You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know!

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

National Music Business

We can't tell you how you should organize your business (as an LLC or another type of organization), or what accounting software you should use. These are complex questions that you can't get answered in a brief anonymous discussion on the internet. You need to sit down with an expert who can spend some time discussing all aspects of your planned business operation, including many details that you haven't provided here, and advise you on how to handle it. This is not something we can do here in this forum. And it's not just a tax question. There are legal issues as well.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies