Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rbrownnj

My royalty depletion at 22% is $2,878. At 15% is $1,963. What should I enter in Box "Total Amount" and "Oklahoma Amount" on the "Oklahoma Oil Depletion Adjustment" screen

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

My royalty depletion at 22% is $2,878. At 15% is $1,963. What should I enter in Box "Total Amount" and "Oklahoma Amount" on the "Oklahoma Oil Depletion Adjustment" screen

For the total amount, enter the federal amount of 15% $1963. Then enter the Oklahoma amount in next box $915 (difference btw. 22%  and 15%)

Oklahoma is allowing you to claim an additional 7% for depletion. It will report the difference on your state tax return ($915).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
soon
Level 1

How do you handle multiple royalties in Oklahoma with depletion? Do you have to create a separate worksheet, sum the differences for each, and then enter the sum in the Oklahoma amount?

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Add all of the royalties together and then get 15% of the total and 7% of the total and enter those in their respective boxes.

@soon

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies