Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My rental property is Passive Income, however TurboTax Home & Business classified it as QBI. How do I convert it back to Passive Income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

My rental property is Passive Income, however TurboTax Home & Business classified it as QBI. How do I convert it back to Passive Income?

Rental property can be passive income and qualify for QBI.  If TurboTax is showing your rental as QBI it is because you indicated it qualified as QBI.  You need to go back to the section where you set your rental property up and check your answers.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Good morning Dave66,

This is my first time using home & business. The software drew my info from previous data. I’m not a real estate professional, so other than that, where/how do I set up the property?

Thanks

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You'll see the QBI questions after you have entered your income/expenses/assets for the property and selected 'Done with Rental Property'. There are a number of follow up questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies