Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sleibo
Returning Member

Multiple efile state

Regarding e-filing, IRS has a limit on no more than 5 e-files unless you have a EFIN (for which you apply to IRS).  Some commercial tax prep software requires you to get your own EFIN;  my understanding is that for up to 5 efiles we are using Intuit's EFIN.  However there is no similar requirement on state e-filing. Furthermore, the Intuit EULA for TurboTax (https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/desktop.jsp) in Section B.1.c.A states "You may prepare, print and e-file State returns at an additional charge per business entity (e.g.
after purchasing CA Partnership, you can prepare, print and e-file unlimited CA Partnership returns)."  However, TurboTax will not allow filing more than 5 state e-files!  In other words, they are violating their own EULA.  I have already filed a complaint with the FTC.  TurboTax has no resolution for this problem!  In my case I have 11 businesses for which I must file; Virginia does not allow paper filing. For Federal, I can file returns 6-11 on paper, but for Virginia there is no Intuit solution! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies