Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K-1 Small Business Exemption (Box 20 Code ZZ)

I have a K-1 from an LP that lists an amount in Box 20, code ZZ, with the description "Small Business Exemption."  Where should I enter that amount to get the exemption applied to my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

not used for anything

the SBE

$25 million or less
$25 million or less
The small business exception is a provision in the Internal Revenue Code that allows small businesses with average annual gross receipts of $25 million or less to use the cash method of accounting and avoid some of the more complex tax rules. The $25 million threshold is indexed for inflation and applies to the three-year average of gross receipts. The exception is not available to tax shelters. The exception was introduced by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 20174

all this means is that your k-1 used the cash method of accounting. if affects nothing on your return

View solution in original post

1 Reply

not used for anything

the SBE

$25 million or less
$25 million or less
The small business exception is a provision in the Internal Revenue Code that allows small businesses with average annual gross receipts of $25 million or less to use the cash method of accounting and avoid some of the more complex tax rules. The $25 million threshold is indexed for inflation and applies to the three-year average of gross receipts. The exception is not available to tax shelters. The exception was introduced by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 20174

all this means is that your k-1 used the cash method of accounting. if affects nothing on your return
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies