melonsp

It’s asking me if I supported myself in 2019. I moved into my own apartment in august and i paid for bills and rent and car payment, does that i supported myself?

I meant does that mean I supported myself?
ColeenD3

Is this regarding dependency? The question refers to the entire year. You have to take into consideration the rest of the year when you may not have supported yourself.

Please see the support worksheet. It can guide you to a decision.

Worksheet

@melonsp

Carl

I assume this is to determine your dependency status as it relates to your status as a college student. If so, it's asking if you supported your self for the entire year - all 365 days of it. If you moved out of your parent's home in August, then it's more likely that you did not in any way provide more than half of your support for the entire year.