Solved: Is there a way to turn off QBI deduction ?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Is there a way to turn off QBI deduction ?

Is there a way to turn off (or not to select) QBI deduction computation? If yes, what's the name of the form(s) and Line number?

Thanks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Employee Tax Expert

I attend IRS seminars and have heard them say numerous times that taxpayers are supposed to take every deduction to which they are entitled. There is no opt out button. If you deserve a 20% deduction, you get it. I encourage you to determine if you deserve it, here is a press release from the IRS.

The QBI form is not approved yet. The state and federal governments approve the most common forms first and work their way down the list. Please see the links for form availability. Once a date shows up, the reality should be close. Once released, Turbo Tax will work quickly to get it working in the program. QBI is near the bottom of the list with an expected release date of February 5, 2020.

Federal form availability

State form availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

I attend IRS seminars and have heard them say numerous times that taxpayers are supposed to take every deduction to which they are entitled. There is no opt out button. If you deserve a 20% deduction, you get it. I encourage you to determine if you deserve it, here is a press release from the IRS.

The QBI form is not approved yet. The state and federal governments approve the most common forms first and work their way down the list. Please see the links for form availability. Once a date shows up, the reality should be close. Once released, Turbo Tax will work quickly to get it working in the program. QBI is near the bottom of the list with an expected release date of February 5, 2020.

Federal form availability

State form availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings