Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ttideasy

In 21 I bought some stock and sold it shortly thereafter - that company issued a K-1 - will this have any effect on Turbo Tax doing my taxes for me

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

In 21 I bought some stock and sold it shortly thereafter - that company issued a K-1 - will this have any effect on Turbo Tax doing my taxes for me

i assume 2021. yes, it will affect your taxes. the k-1 items need to be reported on your tax return and the sale needs to be reported. however, the broker's statement probably does not reflect your actual tax basis because the activity of the partnership must be taken into account plus, if this was a partnership, section 751 ordinary income which would likely be reported in box 20 or on a separate schedule included with the k-1 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Are you asking whether you will be able to use TurboTax because you have a Schedule K-1? Yes, TurboTax Online Premier or Self-Employed will allow you to enter the Schedule K-1.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies