fnormandin

If I declared the interest and taxes on my house but also rent a portion of my property on AirBnB do i also declare a portion of it on section E?

MinhT

If you rent a portion of your house, mortgage interest and property taxes have to be apportioned between rental use and personal use.

For example, if you rent 20% of your home, the rental use portion is 20% and the personal use portion is 80%. You enter 20% of mortgage interest and property taxes in the rental section and 80% in the personal section under Deductions and Credits. The sum of each expense category must not exceed 100% of the amount paid.

MinhT