Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was promised a value for my investment in this Covid Relief Fund. I was told that the investment would result in a net gain, over time, of $25,000.00.

The Program benefitted friends who grew up in the same neighborhood.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I was promised a value for my investment in this Covid Relief Fund. I was told that the investment would result in a net gain, over time, of $25,000.00.

ginabelle56,

While what you describe is not tax-related, it has the appearance that you may well have been scammed.  Promised returns for anything but bonds and CDs are often hallmarks of fraudulent schemes.  You might want to read the US Securities and Exchange Commission page

https://www.investor.gov/protect-your-investments/fraud/types-fraud

to help you determine what you may need to know to determine if you have been duped and, if so, what you should do about it.  Read up especially on the topics of Affinity Fraud and High Yield Investment Programs.

never heard of a Covid Relief Fund except as a US Treasury program. There were no outside investors like you. have you been able to contact who runs the program to find out what's going on?  if you can't reach them that's a good indication you've been scammed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies