I sold rental property early in 2017 and did not have 15 days of rental. TT says don't do Sch E. Depreciation expense hows on Sch E (has a loss). Is this right? Thanks

eggsbenedick

I have to enter business usage under Disposition of Property and can't figure out t o not generate current/2017 deprecation expense for Schedule E 

AmandaR1

Yes, this sounds right that your rental is on schedule E. If the property was a rental property, it should be reported as a rental for 207, even if you didn't have income and expenses. You can deduct ordinary and necessary expenses while selling a rental property that you are not using for personal purposes. 

If you still have questions, please provide more information in the comments below. See another TurboTax answer on this topic below:https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6548609