Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I repaid all of my 2008 first time homebuyer credit (converted to a rental in a prev year). 2018 e-file was rejected, IRS website says I still owe $500. How do I correct?

I've rechecked all my previous returns and add up the full $7500 repayment.  The IRS website says I've only paid $7000.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cindy0H

I repaid all of my 2008 first time homebuyer credit (converted to a rental in a prev year). 2018 e-file was rejected, IRS website says I still owe $500. How do I correct?

Obviously, you have already checked the IRS website. The next step would be:

If you experience any trouble accessing your account or have questions, you can speak with one of our customer service representatives by calling our FTHBC Toll Free number at 800-919-0352.

If you have other questions about this, ask in the comment section below.

I called the IRS, and the agent agreed that I’m paid in full but could not explain the discrepancy. Recommended that I paper file and if the $500 is withheld, I’ll need to appeal it.
Cindy0H

I would go along with what the IRS told you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies