• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoberman-Kelly

I rent a 4 plex, two are rented at market, two are rented below market due to rent control. How do I enter the below market rate rentals, or do I not enter them as below

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Carl
Level 15

I rent a 4 plex, two are rented at market, two are rented below market due to rent control. How do I enter the below market rate rentals, or do I not enter them as below

Do not enter them as below FMV. YOu have a law, rule, regulation  or ordinance that "forces" you to keep the rent low. Therefore they are rented at FMV so as to comply with local legal requirements, and I'm sure that if required, you could prove that in a court of law.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

Do not enter them as below FMV. YOu have a law, rule, regulation  or ordinance that "forces" you to keep the rent low. Therefore they are rented at FMV so as to comply with local legal requirements, and I'm sure that if required, you could prove that in a court of law.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v